All members of the Board are appointed by the Committee of Nominators. Each of the following organizations may appoint one member to the Committee of Nominators:
- Mayor of the City of Edmonton,
- Chair of the Board of the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce,
- President of the Edmonton & District Labour Council and
- Senior Justice resident in Edmonton of the Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta.
- United Way of the Alberta Capital Region,
- University of Alberta, and
- Edmonton Bar Association.
Directors are appointed for a three-year term and are eligible to serve a maximum of two terms. Terms commence and terminate on the date of the Foundation's annual general meeting typically held in June of each year.
The Board as a whole elects a chair and deputy chair and appoints a secretary.
Each Board member serves as chair or a member of one or more of the Foundation's committees.
2012-2013 Board of Directors
Edmonton Community Foundation
Carman McNary, Chair
Liz O'Neill, Deputy Chair
David McCalla, Secretary