Edmonton Community Foundation exists to help the people of Edmonton and area by encouraging philanthropy and funding charitable activities. Through contributions from donors, the Foundation assembles and administers permanent pools of capital so the returns can be perpetually reinvested in our community. The Foundation complements and supports other charitable agencies.
The 21st century vision for the Foundation:
- Trusted by donors as the first choice to create endowments.
- Recognized by charities as the primary source for grants that meet community needs, enrich people's lives and build an enduring legacy of positive change.
- Acknowledged by community leaders as the right place for innovative and prudent investments in Edmonton's future.
Edmonton Community Foundation values:
- its relationships with the community including donors, grantees, volunteers and staff;
- its role as a catalyst for building and strengthening our community;
- the integrity, autonomy and independence of others;
- openness, honesty, accessibility, fairness and mutual respect;
- community leadership, visionary thinking and innovation; and
- fiscal prudence through efficient and strategic practices.