The small grants program is intended to support small and/or emerging needs through an expedited process.
A non-profit is eligible to apply if it serves the greater Edmonton area. The non-profit must also have a charitable registration number from Canada Revenue Agency or be considered a qualified donee.
Applying for a Small Grant
This opportunity is meant to support specific needs. Requests cannot exceed $10,000. Requests typically fall in the range between $2,000 and $7,000. Applicants must demonstrate the specific need and not necessarily request the maximum.
There is no deadline for the small grants application but the process can take up to 4 weeks.
This small grant opportunity is not designed to support:
- Retroactive grants
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Annual funding drives/events
- Grants for individuals
Successful organizations can only apply or receive one small grant per twelve month period. This grant is intended to support emerging or smaller needs where timeliness is required. If your request is higher than $10,000, please Apply for a Community Grant.
To apply for funding, you need an account to access the Small Grants application form.
If you’ve already registered, you can follow these steps to access the application form:
- Log in using your username and password
- If you’ve forgotten your password, e-mail us to reset it
- Log in and select the Small Grants Application
If you’re not already registered, follow the steps below to set up an account:
- Visit the registration page and register an account to apply online
- Enter in a username applicable to your organization, an e-mail address, and a password (twice for confirmation)
- Once you sign up, the system will send you an e-mail to activate your account. If it’s not in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder.
- Copy and paste the link provided in the e-mail into a web browser to update your account