Willpower Wills Week is a series of free presentations that help Edmonton and area residents learn the value of creating and maintaining an up-to-date will.
Every October, we partner with a dedicated team of volunteer estate lawyers to answer your questions about will and estate planning. Wills Week sessions are free of charge to the public and offer information about:
- Creating and/or updating a will,
- What a will can and cannot do,
- How a will can help save taxes for both you and your estate, and
- Why it is so important to have a will prepared with the help and expertise of a lawyer, accountant, and financial and estate planner.
Having a valid, up-to-date will ensures you determine who:
- Gets what from your hard-earned assets,
- Will administer your estate, and
- Will be guardians of your dependent children.
After family and loved ones are taken care of, many people choose to create a lasting legacy in their community. A will intention is a great way to do this.
Research shows that 98% of Canadians make donations in their life. Planning for a legacy gift in your will ensures that your dreams and aspirations for the community continue beyond your lifetime. Working with ECF can help individuals and families build funds that reflect their interests.