Edmonton Community Foundation (“ECF”) is seeking volunteers to serve on various committees. Volunteers play key roles in the work of ECF.
In order to serve the diverse communities within the greater Edmonton area, ECF seeks to appoint gender-balanced committees that also reflect the diversity of the community, including Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of linguistic, ethnic and other minority communities, including those whose members’ gender identity or sexual orientation differs from that of the majority.
Endowment Development Committee
Roles of Members:
- Act as informed, passionate advocates and ambassadors for ECF and its endowment program connecting ECF with prospective endowment fund donors, and professional colleagues
- Identify and facilitate opportunities (speaking events, small group gatherings and individual introductions) for ECF staff to introduce ECF to prospective donors and connectors, to share ECF’s value proposition and extend the invitation to become advocates and/or endowment donors.
- The EDC meets quarterly but most of the work of committee members takes place between meetings.
- Annually each member will arrange:
- at least 1 external speaking engagement to groups such as business, community, union, professional associations, riding committees, or service clubs or other associations;
- at least 1 small group gathering such as “board room” associate or client gatherings, wine and cheese receptions for friends and associates, or professional “meet and learn” events;
- at least 4 meetings with individuals, such as coffees, luncheons or office meetings with CEO and/or Donor advisor(s);
- ECF is seeking up to 6 new members of the EDC. We have a particular interest in seeking connectors who can help Foundation staff reach Edmonton’s diverse communities.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Your application should clearly name the Endowment Development Committee and how you could contribute to the work of the Endowment Development Committee.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Edmonton Community Foundation:
- Is trusted by donors as the first choice to create endowments
- Is recognized by charities as a strategic and collaborative funder
- Is acknowledged by community leaders as the best place for innovative and prudent investments.