Edmonton Community Foundation (ECF) is looking for volunteers for the YEG Advisory Committee. Volunteers will make decisions and give direct advice on how $75,000 a year should fund youth led projects.
YEG provides up to $3,000 to support projects that are started, led, and organized by young people from Edmonton and area. Projects can simply be for fun, or they can be focused on improving the community. What’s important is that the people leading the project are between 13 and 24 years old, and that they are partnered with a registered charity to accept the money.
In order to serve the diverse communities within the greater Edmonton area, ECF seeks to appoint gender-balanced committees that also reflect the diversity of the community, including Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of linguistic, ethnic, sexual and gender, and other minority communities. We encourage people from these communities to apply.
- Must be between the ages of 13 and 23 years; priority given to 13 to 20 year old applicants
- Can be from Edmonton or surrounding communities, including the counties of Strathcona, Sturgeon, Parkland, and Leduc
- Review Young Edmonton Grants applications and provide recommendations to staff
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Time commitment:
- three review meetings a year
- one annual meeting to review process and discuss emerging issues
- attend networking sessions (if available)
- reviewing 10 to 20 applications (three times per year)
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Providing feedback and input on each application
- Acting as an ambassador of the Young Edmonton Grants program and Edmonton Community Foundation
- Participating in media opportunities and potentially connecting with applicants
- Understanding that not all applications can be approved; while declining a request can be difficult, it is a key role of the advisory committee
How to apply
Submit a one page letter telling us why you’re interested in becoming an advisory committee member, describing your background, and explaining how you see yourself handling the Roles and Responsibilities. Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22, 2019.
Contact email@example.com with questions.