Edmonton Community Foundation (ECF) is currently looking to hire a Contract Writer on retainer.
POSITION: Contract Writer (on retainer)
REPORTS: To ECF’s Communications Department
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Contract Writer will aide ECF’s Communications Department in writing and editing copy for its various publications, website, podcast, video projects, speaking engagements and other initiatives on a timely, ongoing basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write stories for ECF’s quarterly magazine Legacy in Action
- Write scripts for videos produced by ECF
- Write speeches/remarks for Board Members, CEO and Department Directors
- Write monthly blog posts for ECF’s website
- Write media releases on an as-needed basis for ECF initiatives, programs and events
- Copy edit and proofread ECF communications materials
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in communications, journalism or related field(s)
- 5+ years’ experience working in communications or journalism
- Podcast or radio experience a bonus
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately, with ideal start date in April 2018 (or sooner). Please submit applications by the “soft closing” on March 5, 2018, if possible. The position will, however, remain open until filled.
TO APPLY: Send resume or CV with cover letter and a minimum of three writing samples to email@example.com