Reporting to the Director of Grants and Community Engagement, this position will develop and deliver a survey of past and present Belcourt Brosseau Métis Awards (BBMA) recipients.
- Develop and deliver a survey of past and present BBMA recipients, to better understand their successes and challenges and how BBMA could better support their educational journey;
- Work with the BBMA panel to understand the goals of the project;
- Identify survey recipients;
- Host one or more focus groups;
- Write a report summarizing results.
- Are organized and attentive to detail
- Have strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Work well within a close-knit team
- Are flexible and willing to accommodate change
- Are equally comfortable taking direction and leading a project
- Want to help build a stronger, more vibrant Métis community
This is a summer position funded by an outside grant. Applicants must be:
- At least 15 years of age;
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- An Alberta resident, living and/or attending school in Alberta;
- Returning to school full-time;
- Are studying Social Sciences, Native Studies, Statistics, Education or a related field.
Knowledge of the context of Métis community and culture will be an asset.
Belcourt Brosseau Métis Awards:
- Help Métis Albertans realize self-sufficiency through post-secondary education and skills development;
- Have provided over $7.2 million in awards to more than 1,200 Métis Albertans since 2002.
Edmonton Community Foundation:
- Is trusted by donors as the first choice to create endowments
- Is recognized by charities as a strategic and collaborative funder
- Is acknowledged by community leaders as the best place for innovative and prudent investments.
Closing Date: April 29, 2019
Anticipated Term: May 6 to August 23, 2019
Anticipated wage: $17/hour; 35 hours/week.
Edmonton Community Foundation is committed to considering diverse applicants including people who are Indigenous, of colour, LGBTQ2S+, and/or with disabilities. We encourage people from within these communities to apply.
Questions and applications should be directed to:
Director of Grants and Community Engagement
780-426-0015, ext. 111
Applications should be submitted by e-mail only, please.