Edmonton Community Foundation (ECF) is a part of the Edmonton community, and supporting the community’s success is at the core of everything we do.
ECF’s mission is to attract and steward endowment funds and to make strategic investments that enhance quality of life in Edmonton. The Foundation exists to help the people of Edmonton and area by encouraging philanthropy and funding charitable activities. Through contributions from donors, the Foundation assembles and administers permanent pools of capital so the returns can be perpetually reinvested in our community. ECF complements and supports other charitable agencies.
ECF’s vision is to be:
- Trusted by donors as the first choice to create endowments.
- Recognized by charities as a strategic and collaborative funder.
- Acknowledged by community leaders as the best place for innovative and prudent investments.
- Its relationships with the community including donors, grantees, volunteers and staff.
- Its role as a catalyst for building and strengthening our community.
- The integrity, autonomy and independence of others.
- Openness, honesty, accessibility, fairness and mutual respect.
- Community leadership, visionary thinking and innovation.
- Fiscal prudence through efficient and strategic practices.