The Edmonton Community Foundation (ECF) is committed to supporting the effective and timely resolution of complaints and will provide all stakeholders with an open and transparent process to register a complaint.
- It is important that complaints are resolved as quickly as possible. Those who play a role in the complaint resolution process must respond with a commitment to a timely resolution. Complaints from stakeholders that cannot be resolved by staff directly will be escalated to the relevant director. When appropriate (type, volume and severity of the complaints) staff directors will inform the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), in writing or by email, as soon as possible.
- Subject to any other legal right or obligation, The CEO will acknowledge the complaint within two business days and respond to the complaint within 30 days.
- If a satisfactory resolution cannot be achieved and the stakeholder wishes to take the matter further, the stakeholder shall provide the Chair of the Board with a written summary of the complaint.
- The Board Chair will decide if the complaint should be considered by the Board. If so, the Board will review the complaint at its earliest convenience. The Board will address the complaint, or define a process to address the complaint. The Board’s decision shall be final.
- The CEO will provide the Board with a written report of significant complaints on a quarterly basis.