Edmonton Vital Signs® helps identify the greatest needs for funding from Edmonton Community Foundation (ECF).
Vital Signs® is a national initiative conducted by participating community foundations across Canada. The Edmonton Vital Signs® Report identifies community needs, which helps us focus our resources on those needs. Vital Signs® is also a valuable teaching tool and resource for policy makers and organizations working on the front-lines. These groups use Vital Signs® to help inform their decision making processes.
We partner with the Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC) to ensure the information provided by Vital Signs® is accurate. ESPC is an independent social research and analysis organization. They have been operating in Edmonton for more than 75 years. You can learn more about the ESPC by clicking here. We also work with a committee of community experts to ensure the report is examining the right issues.
This year we’re conducting Vital Signs a little differently. In addition to our annual report we’ll also be focusing on individual issues, Vital Topics, that are timely and important to Edmonton throughout the year.
Follow the links below to read our Vital Signs topics and full reports:
- 2019 Vital Signs Report: Full Edition. Sources/Indicators
- 2019 Vital Topic: Green Spaces. Sources/Indicators
- 2019 Vital Topic: Philanthropy. Sources/Indicators
- 2019 Vital Topic: Indigenous Women. Sources/Indicators
- 2019 Vital Topic: Arts in Edmonton. Sources/Indicators
- 2018 Vital Topic: Senior Women in Edmonton. Sources/Indicators
- 2018 Vital Signs Report: Full Edition. Sources/Indicators
- 2018 Vital Topic: Visible Minority Women. Sources/Indicators
- 2018 Vital Topic: Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- 2018 Vital Topic: Women in Edmonton. Sources/Indicators
- 2017 Vital Signs Report on Belonging. Sources/Indicators
- 2016 Vital Signs Report on Newcomers. Sources/Indicators
- 2015 Vital Signs Report on Edmonton’s Aboriginal Communities. Sources/Indicators
- 2014 Vital Signs Report on Edmonton Youth. Sources/Indicators
- 2013 Vital Signs Report on Edmonton Food Security. Sources/Indicators