Edmonton Community Foundation is seeking volunteers to serve on our grants sub-committees!
Volunteers play key roles in the granting work of the Foundation. Grants sub-committees review community grant applications and provide recommendations to the Granting Programs Committee.
In order to serve the diverse communities within the greater Edmonton area, ECF seeks to appoint gender-balanced committees that also reflect the diversity of the community, including Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of linguistic, ethnic, sexual and gender, and other minority communities.
Volunteers can be reimbursed for expenses incurred in the course of sub-committee activities (e.g. childcare or transportation).
Applications are due March 7, 2019.
- Review approximately 4-10 applications/quarter
- Meet quarterly to collectively arrive at a recommendation for the Granting Programs Committee. Meetings may occur during or after business hours, subject to the availability of committee members.
- 1-2 development opportunities per year
- Attendance at some ECF events or informal gatherings
- An understanding that not all applications can be approved; while declining a request can be difficult, it is a key role of the sub-committees
- We are seeking 1-2 new members for each sub-committee
- Arts, Culture & Heritage
- Should have knowledge of the Arts, Culture & Heritage sector
- Knowledge of dance would be an asset
- Lived experience of LGBTQ2S+ people would be an asset; we also encourage applications from people under 30
- Community & Social Services
- Should have knowledge of the Community & Social Services sector
- Knowledge of one or more of the following would be an asset: accounting or financial management; life skills development; fund development
- Lived experience of refugees, immigrants, and/or people of colour would be an asset
- Education & Learning
- Should have knowledge of the Education & Learning sector
- Knowledge of youth development (recreation, socialization, leadership, social skills, etc.) would be an asset
- Lived experience of refugees, immigrants, people of colour, persons with disabilities, and/or LGBTQ2S+ people would be an asset
- Should have knowledge of the Environment sector
- Knowledge of biology and/or ecology would be an asset
- Lived experience of Indigenous people would be an asset
- Health & Wellness
- Should have knowledge of the Health & Wellness sector
- Knowledge of one or more of the following would be an asset: harm reduction; accounting or financial management; rehabilitation
- Lived experience of persons with disabilities and LGBTQ2S+ people would be an asset
Terms of Reference:
Click here to read the full terms of reference for the sub-committees.
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Your application should clearly state which committee(s) interest you and how you could contribute to the work of the committee.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Applications are due March 7, 2019