Athabasca Indigenous Investments (Aii), together with BMO Capital Markets, has established the Athabasca Indigenous Investments Bursary Program through the Edmonton Community Foundation (ECF). This program will assist students who are connected with any of the Aii Communities to pursue and/or continue their post-secondary education.
- As a permanent endowment fund, this program will provide opportunities for generations to come.
- The Athabasca Indigenous Investments Bursary Program is being offered through Edmonton Community Foundation’s Hilltop Awards and Bursaries Program. To apply, please submit an application through the portal:
- Application deadline for the 2023 award season is May 15, 2023
- Up to 4 bursaries awarded to students each year.
- Individuale bursaries of approx. $1,000 to be awarded.
- Limited to students who are connected to the 23 Aii communities.
- Can be directed to courses at Alberta-based universities, colleges, & technical institutes.
Criteria for Selection:
- Must be connected to an Aii Community.
- Letter of reference from organization committee for an Aii Community.
- Able to demonstrate financial need.
- Able to demonstrate community involvement.
Instructions to Apply
Request a letter of reference from a member of the organization committee for one of the 23 Aii Communities.
How to apply
1 . Visit ECF’s online application portal: https://www.ecfoundation.org/student-awards/. The award listing for Hilltop Awards and Bursaries can be found here or on its unique application information page https://www.ecfoundation.org/student-awards/hilltop-awards-and-bursaries/
- Follow the links on the Hilltop information page to create an account or log in to an existing ECF application portal account.
- Select “Apply for a Student Award / Bursary / Scholarship” in the portal.
- Search for the “Hilltop Awards and Bursaries” and select “Apply Now”.
- Complete the application and attach the letter of reference from the organizational committee for an Aii Community in the “Attachments” section.
Donate to This Fund
Fill out the form below to contribute a one-time donation or set up a recurring monthly donation to the Athabasca Indigenous Investments Bursary Fund.
Please note: Donations made to any fund listed on our online directory will be processed by www.canadahelps.org. You will receive an electronic tax receipt directly from CanadaHelps for the full amount of your donation. The fund you are supporting will receive the net amount of your donation less the CanadaHelps processing fee.