What is The Cosmopolitan Music Society?
The Cosmopolitan Music Society (CMS) of Edmonton has been helping Music Lovers become Music Makers, and create music that has been enjoyed by the Greater Edmonton Community since 1963.
CMS is a community-based organization that gives amateur adult musicians and singers the opportunity to learn and perform in quality concert band, jazz band, big band, and choral musical groups. Playing a musical instrument or singing is a lifetime skill that can be learned and enjoyed at any age.
Who comes to sing and play music in our various musical groups?
- Music lovers at all skill levels, from novice to semi-professional
- Music makers interested in choral, concert, and jazz band opportunities
- Music makers including:
- Former high school music geeks who love the opportunity to continue making music
- Persons who never learned to sing or play an instrument and want a chance to try
- Persons returning to music-making after years of being away from it
- Persons from all walks of life, including electricians, 911 operators, admin support staff, hairdressers, plumbers, teachers, accountants, and academics
- Life-long learners that want to learn, maintain, and improve their music making abilities
- 50% of CMS members are over the age of 55
Why do we need donations?
- CMS relies on membership fees, concert tickets, grants, casinos, and donations to fund our programs
- Our members support and contribute to fundraising activities that help CMS continue to provide engaging community-based music
- As CMS continues to see growth in the demand for our programs, we continue to have a need for sustainable funding
- Our CMS Endowment Fund with the Edmonton Community Foundation is designed to help provide lifelong funding support for our community band and choral programs and services
Donate to This Fund
Fill out the form below to contribute a one-time donation, or set up a recurring monthly donation to the Cosmopolitan Music Society Endowment Fund.
Please note: Donations made to any fund listed on our online directory will be processed by www.canadahelps.org. You will receive an electronic tax receipt directly from CanadaHelps for the full amount of your donation. The fund you are supporting will receive the net amount of your donation less the CanadaHelps processing fee.